If you want to get the best performance out of your tires then ensure that they are neat and clean most of the time. You may disagree with that point but the study shows that keeping a tire clean can help increase performance and durability of the tire. However, if you are in no mood of spending money on purchasing the best wheel cleaner then don’t worry as this post will guide you through the process of making a homemade wheel cleaner.
In order for this to work, you will need to be somewhat familiar with using household items. You are going to be amazed to see how well these household cleaning alternative products perform and in some cases they can outdo cleaning products. So, without further ado, let’s get started with our article on how to clean tires using household items.
See Also: How To Remove Wheel Locks
How To Make Homemade Wheel Cleaner
A single simple search like “tire cleaning hacks” can give you a ton of DIY tire cleaning hacks from around the world. Of course, not all of them work effectively. So, below you are going to see how to make your own homemade wheel cleaner.
In order to clean tires using the 1st method, you will need to have the following items at your disposal:
- Warm Water
- Dish Soap
- Lemon Oil
If you have the above items then lets begin!
- Add dish soap to hot water and begin washing the tires
- If there’s dirt or debris on the tire then grab a strong brush and scrub it off
- After that, grab a bucket of warm water and add half a cup of borax solution
- If the tire has strong stains then add the mixture to a brush and start rubbing
- The borax solution will transform your dirty tires to make it look like almost brand new
If you are unable to gather around the supplies for the first method then don’t worry because this second method only requires vinegar, which is great because it is available in everyone’s house. Vinegar is a perfect cleaning agent for cleaning all sort of surfaces. Follow the below given instructions to make your tires look brand new again.
- Grab the same quantity of water and vinegar
- Mix them together
- You can pour the solution on the tire or if you have a spray bottle then add the solution in the bottle
- Let the solution stay on the tires for around 5 to 10 minutes before wiping it off
This simple solution is very powerful and in some scenarios can leave behind expensive cleaning agents. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that the tire cleaning products are useless. The methods explained in this post are only useful for people who don’t like spending money on expensive tire cleaners.
So, that was our article on how to clean your tires. If you have any questions related to this post then please don’t forget to drop them in the comments section. If you enjoyed this article then make sure to share it with your friends.